Cost of Treatment
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient’s problem and length of required treatment. This is reflected in the amount of time and devices that are needed to create a beautiful, healthy smile for the patient. Since finances should not be a barrier to having a wonderful smile, Dr. Ziedenberg will discuss the various payment options available at our office before any devices are placed in a patient’s mouth.
In order to keep the cost of orthodontics within reach of anyone who desires it, but still maintaining the highest level of professional care, our office has created some useful payment options:
- Individualized payment plans can be set up to suit an individual’s budget. These payment plans are interest free and extend over many months during the treatment and retention period.
- If payment is made in full at the onset of treatment, we offer a professional “accounting” courtesy discount.
- For your convenience, payments may be made with cash, post-dated cheques, debit card, Visa or Mastercard. Individualized payment processing dates can easily be arranged to suit your needs.
- It is important to note that any arranged payment schedule is completely separate from the frequency of adjustment appointments. Payments are made on a monthly basis, but a patient may attend Dr. Ziedenberg’s office more than once in a given month.
If a patient has orthodontic benefits, then we are more than happy to provide you with a Certified Orthodontic Standard Information (pre-determination) Form. This form is completed properly after diagnostic records are taken and is given to the patient at the Treatment Conference appointment.
Insurance companies require submission of a receipt in order to reimburse the patient/parent directly. As such, patients must make payments directly to our office and submit their receipts to their insurance companies afterwards. Our front desk staff is happy to explain this simple process and familiarize the patient/parent with the use of the pre-determination form. However, our goal is to focus most of our attention to the treatment needs of the patient and therefore, we cannot submit receipts on the patient’s/parent’s behalf. Benefit coverage information can be obtained by phoning your insurance carrier. Unfortunately, with the current privacy laws, our staff cannot assist you in this area.
Although most insurance companies have orthodontic benefits, they usually do not cover the entire cost of orthodontic treatment. The percentage and maximum benefit will vary between employers. Amounts not covered by insurance may be claimable as a Major Medical Expense on your income tax return . We are happy to provide income tax receipts for a patient at any time, however, we suggest that you consult with your financial advisor as to the individual qualifications.
Convenient On-Line Services
Dr. Ziedenberg’s office is committed to providing superior, leading edge service to our patients and families. Our secure, on-line services enable patients to:
- View appointment date and account information, and digital records at any convenient time via the internet
- See digital photos and xrays taken before , during and after treatment with use of your secure password
- Sign up for e-mail or text appointment reminders
- Check payment history and current charges